Where can I find the Dept. of Buildings online?
When is a DOB work permit required?
My job was filed but has not been approved. Why?
What’s needed to place a bike rack on a sidewalk?
What do I need for a builders pavement filing?
Why does my building not have a Cert. of Occ.?
When is a Certificate of Occupancy not required?
What is the difference between a demo and alt.?
During what hours is constr. permitted in NYC?
Is a permit needed to erect an illuminated sign?
What is a Site Safety inspection?
What is Local Law 11/98?
How do I structurally alter the occ. of a building?
How can I change the occ. type of my building?
What is an Unsafe Buildings violation?
Why was my property inspected?
What const. permits exist for work on a street?
What permit app. types are reviewed?
What is a Revocable Consent?
What Pvt. Improvements exist for Rev. Consents?
– Cables (other than underground cable)
– Electrical sockets
– Enclosures for trash receptacles adj. a bldg.
– Fenced/walled-in area not used for planting or parking
– Guard booths
– Guard rails
– Information signs or kiosks
– Litter receptacles for public use affixed to the sidewalk
– Overhead bldg. projections in excess of Building Code
– Parking lots for private use
– Planted areas, including any surrounding fence or wall
– Posts, poles or bollards
– Public service corporation facilities
– Railroad tracks for private use
– Ramps providing access for people with disabilities
– Retaining walls
– Sidewalk plaques or logos
– Signs or plaques on City-owned street lamps
– Street lamp or fixture
– Vaults or underground improvements
What is a sidewalk violation?
Will the city fix a sidewalk w/ a vault beneath it?
Where can I find gen. info on street design?
What vehicle size req. an “over-dimensional permit?”
“Grandfathering” for approvals prior to 07/01/08?
Are “alts” prior to the new Fire Code defined?
What installs req. documents submitted to FDNY?
How can I identify the Fire Code’s permit req.?
How can I identify the Fire Code’s certificate req.?
-Required Company Certificates FC113 lists the general requirements for Fire Department Certificates of Fitness and Certificates of Qualification; FC114 for Certificates of License; and FC115 for Company Certificates. Additional requirements are set forth in the following new Fire Department rules: 3 RCNY 113-01, 113-02 and 113-03 for Certificates of Fitness; 3 RCNY 114-01 for Certificate of License; and 3 RCNY 115-01 for Company Certificates.